According to AAA Travel, Orlando is the #1 destination for travel this 4th of July! It’s easy to see why, especially when we have theme parks known for their awe-inspiring fireworks spectaculars happening nightly! If you’re planning to be at the theme parks or in the Orlando area for Independence Day celebrations this July 4th, we’ve put together a guide for you!
Our first Magical tip: the theme parks fill up very fast on the 4th of July, so be sure to keep that in mind when you are planning your day! There will be heavy crowds, so plan for long wait times for rides and characters and make sure to scope out your fireworks spot early!
Epcot is the #1 spot for Independence Day celebrations! Here’s an inside look at the special offerings:
- Special Fireworks: “The Heartbeat of Freedom” What would a 4th of July celebration be without fireworks? And Epcot has the best show around! It starts at 9 p.m. with a performance of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” which concludes with the addition of a heart-pounding, all-American grand finale. This one-night-only fireworks extravaganza unites music from great American composers with more pyrotechnics than Guests can imagine!
- Voices of Liberty – An Epcot tradition for more than 35 years, this legendary a cappella group will perform a series of special evening concerts of great American songs in the America Gardens Theatre at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8 p.m. Joining the Voices of Liberty on stage will be Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy, dressed for the occasion in their special “Spirit of ‘76” attire. Guests can also catch Voices of Liberty performing special patriotic songs in the rotunda of The American Adventure at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Disney Characters – During the day, Guests will have the opportunity to get a special photo with Mickey, Goofy, Pluto and Chip ‘n’ Dale, all wearing their patriotic best, right outside The American Adventure pavilion.
- Specialty Foods – Guests can add some flavor to their celebration with all-American foods throughout the park. There will be decadent red, white and blue cupcakes available at Fountain View and Sunshine Seasons, where they can also nosh on their yummy BBQ pork sandwich. Refreshment Port will have specially decorated croissant doughnuts (Who can resist those?!) and Liberty Inn has got Guests covered with the all-American burger, southern fried chicken sandwich, apple pie cheesecake and –just for the 4th – a slice of watermelon!
- The American Adventure – This epic attraction, another Epcot original, has recently been updated with an all-digital projection system, a new screen, new speakers and an all-new recording of the iconic “Golden Dream” anthem. And look for new faces added to the show’s finale including composer John Williams, astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson and noted ballerina Misty Copeland.
Enjoy Disney’s Celebrate America – A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky on July 3rd and 4th at 9:15 pm! See beautiful fireworks in the sky and special effects on Cinderella’s Castle.
Also around the Magic Kingdom will be DJ Hosted dance parties from 7 pm to midnight on both the 3rd and the 4th in Frontierland and Tomorrowland. Dance the night away with both contemporary songs as well as tunes themed to the lands.
Universal Studios Orlando
Starting at 5 pm on July 4th, Universal Studios Orlando will host special entertainment to celebrate, including a live performance from the band Raydio, award-winning DJ M-Squared spinning hits and a special dance party with Universal’s beloved characters.
Fireworks begin at 9 pm, and the park will stay open until 10 pm to keep the Independence Day fun going until late!
Outside of the Theme Parks
Trying to avoid the busy theme park crowds? This website has compiled all of the events happening in the Central Florida area for the 4th!
Thinking about planning your Orlando vacation and need some assistance with where to stay? Contact us today, our dedicated reservations team is here 7 days a week to help you plan the vacation of your dreams today!
Until the next blog post, have a magical day!